A worldwide online marketing knowledge boost at de Heus
De Heus' marketeers work all over the world. The difference in the level of knowledge of (online) marketing between the different countries was significant, but there was also a big difference within departments.
A survey among Marketing Managers showed that there was a huge knowledge gap and that there was a need for training and support in online marketing. De Heus wanted to take strong positions on social and search in the animal feed industry category. Also, e-commerce in the agricultural sector is becoming increasingly important and De Heus wanted to sufficiently prepare its marketeers for this.
We set up an Academy that focused on marketing managers and marketing teams from offices around the world. The academy comprised several phases:
- Phase 1: Through webinars and e-learning, a solid foundation has been laid in the field of digital marketing and farmer journeys.
- Phase 2: Classroom training in the Netherlands where knowledge was directly converted into digital marketing plans per country
- Phase 3: The local marketeers are supported in the implementation of digital marketing, including in the field of Google analytics, e-mail and content management via webinars, coaching and a digital centre of expertise.
- Collaboration between headquarters and the various countries in the field of digital marketing has improved.
- Marketing programmes for lead generation and sales achieve better results.
- Each country has a concrete online marketing plan that contributes to lead generation, better communication with the target group and/or an improvement of the reputation and image of De Heus.